Simplify Assembly - for 8mm to 10mm Polycarbonate
Adding polycarbonate to your framework is easier when using these special pieces to hold the panels in place. The Caps are made of a tough, sunlight-resistant UVI polycarbonate, and are weatherproof and maintenance-free. Caps are easily cut to length with a hacksaw.
Use at the ridge or corner to connect polycarbonate. This keeps out dirt and insects.
(see illustrations on page 7 of Poly 101 PDF under Tips & How To tab)
- Apply aluminum or other outdoor tape (optional). This capping is intentionally thin at the top for flexibility. During installation, the cap could split. You can apply aluminum or other outdoor tape along the top once you've established the angle you need, or sporadically if you will be covering the cap with metal flashing.
- Fasten the Ridge Cap to the ridge beam with truss-head or decking screws.
- Insert the polycarbonate into the Ridge Cap.
- Leave 1/16" to 1/8" gap at the top to allow the panels to breathe and to expand in warm weather.
- Metal Flashing (optional) should be installed over the Ridge Cap for protection.
Note: This item ships by motor freight. Allow 2 to 3 weeks for delivery.
Checkout is set up for capping profiles to ship freight in a wooden crate with the panels. For 4x8 and 4x10 panels, we will contact you for approval to cut the 12 ft capping to fit the crate. (Call us for a ship quote if you just need capping without panels.)